Wednesday, January 23, 2008


Make it soWhile just sitting and doodling with my tablet and experimenting with trying to make a picture
come out looking like a painting I was haunted by the ghost of Captain Jean Luc Picard (of the USS Enterprise). He possessed my subconscious and where I had intended to paint a nekkid woman this abomination popped up instead. Curse you, Jean Luc!

But seriously, the effect was purely unintentional. I was doing my usual "bald guy test" (since bald guys are the most interesting portrait subjects available...and the easiest...what? Don't judge me!), and then the most detail I added to the picture the more it began to look like Picard. I stopped mucking with the drawing in fear that he'd shout orders at me to fire proton torpedoes...

2 comments:

Rumoku said...

Wow, looking back at this drawing I can't help but think "what a piece of crap!". Obviously using multiply in this picture did not work out. Oh well...it was an interesting experiment.

Rumoku said...

Ahahaha...damn, I forgot that for this experiment i used multiply to get the shading to work. What a disaster that was. I now use soft paintbrushes set on a lower flow and around a 30% opacity. Works much better now